I’m thinking about starting to pack for our trip to the States this week. A little. My mind and stomach are more preoccupied with the junk food that I can’t wait to eat. How much do you think I can squeeze in over three weeks? (And how many pounds do you think this all will pack on?!)
- Bruegger’s – twice, for a breakfast bagel and then a Leonardo DaVeggie
- Chipotle – a big, fat, delicious burrito bowl
- Panera – U Pick 2 lunch (is the strawberry poppyseed salad still in season?)
- Mexican. Any.
- BBQ. Any.
- Pizza King. Sorry, Arni’s, pregnant ladies aren’t supposed to eat cold lunch meat or you know I’d be there ASAP for a Junior.
- Route 66 – Beatnik omelette and lots and lots of hash browns (with Granny & Gramps, naturally).
- Five Guys – good golly, some Five Guys. Though the Barney Burger from Route 66 pictured above would be a welcome alternate.
- Wendy’s – Spicy Chicken Sandwich, Frosty & Fries
- DQ – Peanut Buster Parfait
That’s just my non-pregnancy-related dream sheet. I have a history of cravings for Arby’s roast beef sandwiches, TCBY white chocolate mousse with Oreos, and peach pie. And let’s not talk about this craving for fried pickles that just won’t go away.
PS, there may be a trip to the Minnesota State Fair squeezed in there somewhere.
I do always find that these trips home leave me craving vegetables and feeling a bit icky after a while. But we plan for this to be our last trip to America until we move back, so I don’t feel too bad about it. We’ll be back to our whole-foods home cookin’ in no time.
Can you think of anything I’ve missed? What do you miss while living overseas? Or what do you think you’d miss the most?