I find it exciting that I’ve recently come to realize that I would really like to get into food photography. I know very little about it (as you might guess from looking at the food shots I’ve posted here), but it kind of calls to me. So I want to learn more. The great things about this are:
- I get to practice. With food!
- I always liked dressing up dessert plates when I worked at a restaurant. That translates well, I think.
- I think I’ll need some new props…
- It’s a focused, constructive way to learn some photography techniques.
My weekend project will be to do some exploring, starting with these places:
- Food Photo 101
- Chicago Tribune’s best food photos
- Digital Food Photography by Lou Manna
- Cannelle et Vanille
- Souvlaki for the Soul
I can’t wait to share more!